Training and Workshops
I provide workshops and training addressing fatphobia and diet culture in therapy. Upcoming dates are below, please get in contact for bespoke trainings for your organisation.
“A much-needed space to explore fatphobia and the body. High recommended!”
IN PERSON Saturday 18 March – 10:00 – 4:30, Bristol UK – TICKETS
ONLINE Friday 19 May 2023 – BOOKING
ONLINE Saturday 15 July 2023 – BOOKING
A safe, nourishing and empowering space to help you reflect on how you feel about your own body and how to work in a curious and anti-oppressive way with clients of all sizes.
What will we cover:
· A history of fatphobia and its origins in racism and ableism
· Deconstructing what diet and wellness culture is
· The impact of societal and personal values towards weight and food on client and therapist
· Lived experiences of being fat clients and therapists.
· Live examples of anti-oppressive practice with clients of all sizes
‘Eye-opening, radical and empowering. I only wish I’d done this workshop earlier.’
4th February 2023
15th October 2022